Saturday, November 05, 2016

Bazaar Bonanza

Well, the sewing bug has finally kicked in - thankfully. Either that, or the realization that the bazaar is only a few days off and I am rapidly running out of time!

The gold and silver runner is together.












I love this beautiful blue/green holly and berry print that I've used - I've had it for years and use it sparingly. This is a custom order with the proceeds going to the bazaar coffers. Apparently teal is an accent colour in the woman's decor so I'm hoping that this works.











Now it's time to audition binding options. Should it be light gold...















or a dark, swirly gold...
















While I pondered that I got the summery square topper sandwiched together and quilted. It looks good with the backing too, which is a relief.












And then there's this lozenge one that was resurrected from the pile in my sewing room. Both borders are now on and it's quilted too so now it's binding making time. I'd like to have all of them finished by the end of the weekend because I still need to do some baking for the bake table.....M

6 comments:

Kate said...

You have been a busy lady, Marie, and all your projects are quite lovely.

Ariane said...

You have been busy. These all look great!

Chantal said...

I am so stressed for you. Only a few days and all this binding AND baking. Good luck with all that. Is the golden swirly one the same fabric used in the table runner? I think that would be real nice. Anywho, that's my two pence. ;^)

Doniene said...

Oh my, oh my! Busy as a bee I see!

Every little project is perfect!! The silver and gold one is so elegant! And the summery one oh so very, very cute!

I'm sorry to ask again, but what are the dimensions you cute for the star toppers? I just have to make one!!

Hope your day is filled with joy and laughter!

Kyle said...

Your sewing mojo has kicked in great. I'm sure that Your projects will be bought quickly.

Anonymous said...

WOW just WOW Marie--you have been on such a roll, love your runners and your pumpkin loaf looks delicious--any chance of getting the recipe--once the flames die down on your shoes and the smoke clears, lol. Lindiana xo