When I sat down to stitch on Sunday I thought that I had 42 border stars that I needed to separate with sashing strips but as I sewed I realized that it was only 30, so things came together faster than I had expected, which was nice.
Since I was on a roll (and the Official Cookie Tester was golfing) I quickly moved the dining room table out of the way so that I could lay things out and plan the borders. The glare from the windows is washing things out a bit, but you get the idea.
The hardwood strips that you see on either side of the quilt are where the last two sashing strips still need to be inserted.
Once I got things laid out I stacked blocks up and made a few hastily scribbled notes so that I would remember what went where. My roll continued and now I have all four borders together - man, I wish all of my quilts came together this quickly! So, two more strips of sashing and four borders to attach and this one will be a wrap....M