Thursday, June 23, 2016

Seven of Seven

It's happy dance time! I've now finished the last of long sashing strips for Danuta's Garden so it will soon be time to start laying it all out to put together.
















I'm sorely tempted to put it up on the design wall but my tally shows that I still have nine more of the shorter three-block sashing strips to make so I'm going to keep my head down and finish those off and then lay everything out. Now that it's this far along it almost doesn't seem real!











As the calendar rolled over into summer I baked one more spring treat - the rhubarb torte. I suspect that it's because we only have it a few times each spring but it's always such a treat to enjoy with a good cup of tea...M

2 comments:

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Oh, I love rhubarb. Unfortunately I can't get it in Greece! Tried to grow it, no success, too hot it seems.
The sashing looks great.

Kyle said...

You're so close. Good thing you make a special dessert to give you energy to finish your quilt.