Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Work On

I'm continuing to putter at hand stitching the sashing strips for Danuta's Garden and I've now got the first of seven 29-block four-patch strips finished.














For whatever reason, parts of this quilt were strewn across three different rooms - and that doesn't include the sewing room (!) - so it was time to collect everything and try and get a little more organized.

In the process I started getting subliminal messages. See the 'work on' in this pic?  Looks like a sign to keep going on this one. :)








Still loving how these little gems look when they are all strung together.
















Over the weekend the Official Cookie Tester's sweet tooth kicked in so I tried a new recipe - Banana Sour Cream Coffee Cake. I never would have thought of putting banana into a coffee cake, but man, it was good. And the sour cream kept it nice and moist til the last crumb was eaten. I almost didn't make the glaze (you know - maybe cut back a bit on the sugar - ha!) but it was the perfect ending to the strata of pecans and cinnamon that ran through the cake. Yum!...M

2 comments:

Raewyn said...

The loaf sounds delicious and your work is looking great! I have a habit of spreading myself around the house as well :-)

Lisa J. said...

For some reason my sewing manages to spread around the house as well. I'm very impressed with your hand piecing.