Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Priority Mail

The postman delivered a lovely Priority Mail package the other day...
















which contained my beautiful new tattooed quilting buddy...
















Give up? It the stripper (a.k.a. the Strip 'n Sew made by Mr. Joe) that I won from Lynn at Sew 'n Wild Oaks. It came all ready to assemble and, you can see from the photo that I was in such a hurry to do that I just set it up on the kitchen island as quick as could be to check it out (sorry, Lynn, not the best photo).











And, there was a second squeal of delight to be heard. She very generously included one of her patterns that I've been eyeing for some time now, Country Charmer.














She has it done up in an alternate colour way which I think it would be a lovely Christmas quilt for our bedroom. So, since there was a box coming this way with the stripper I wanted to order one and have it included with my shipment. Ship it she did, but charge for it she didn't. That was so kind of you Lynn - I can't thank you enough.

I've got lots and lots of red and green prints so I should start pulling fabrics now and get busy putting this together so that I'm sleeping under it the next time Santa calls. Don't you love Priority Mail?....M

3 comments:

marina said...

very nifty new helper!
love your new project too, it's beautiful in both colour ways.
enjoy!

Chantal said...

That was a very day indeed. I love Country Charmer quilt too. It is on my to-do list for someday. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy watching yours grow. Enjoy!

Karen H said...

What lovely mail! Love the idea of a red and green quilt!