Monday, September 30, 2013

And Then There Were Four...

If you haven't figured it out by now I flit from one project to another, gently moving several along together rather than charging full steam ahead on just one project - it's more fun for me that way. So in between playing with Holly Bazaar crafts, rows of Candied Hexagons are slowly being pieced together, and of the 11 there are now only 4 left to assemble.













While I've been stitching I've been doing some thinking about what to use for the setting triangles that will finish off the sides. I had toyed with a large floral print but didn't have anything on hand that was working for me and, with what seems like a room full of fabric to choose from, I didn't want to go out and buy anything - there had to be something in that stash that would work. Sure enough - this mauve print struck my eye.






In some sense it's still a large floral, it's just tone on tone instead of lots of rich colours. It will be perfect. I'll get a little bit of interest into those side pieces without detracting from the hexagon blocks, and I won't have to add borders to the top & bottom - I don't want borders on this one - it will go straight to the binding.









This was one of the first blocks that I made I think and it's still one of my favourites....M


1 comment:

Karen H said...

Hi Marie - I think the subtle mauve print is perfect. And you know that I love all of the hexagon stars - they are all beautiful but the one in the lower right in the first picture is so pretty. It is very delicate and reminds me of a fine bone china teacup!