Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pretty Hearts & Another Style of Journal Cover

Another weekend out at the cottage with Jane and we had lots to show for it. It helps that all our time is spent with needle and thread close at hand.
















When I arrived she was busy making these seriously insanely tiny little yo-yos - they are about the size of a nickel - so of course I had to make some too, because if you're going to go crazy it's always nice to have company. Believe it or not, she'd like to try making even smaller ones! (My apologies for the lack of focus.)











True confessions time. I have never had much luck making yo-yos, but I have to say that I was acing these little guys. Linda was going to join us on Saturday so we made up enough for 3 hearts to be worked on and played around with a few layouts until we got colour distributions that we liked.

We were so busy doing other things that we ran out of time to work on them again so they have been shelved for another play date, but just to keep you interested, this was her inspiration.




Jane had recently hand pieced together two panels to cover a small journal so I offered to finish it off for her. This is the front...















and this is the back.

















I used the same technique as I use for my batik covers and then we found this great postcard print for the lining and inside flaps.















It is really pretty, inside...

















and out; quite Victorian. And ready to use....M

1 comment:

Cindy at her Country Home said...

Hello dear Mary, how lovely to see and read that you were inspired from my heart with yoyo's! Will you send me a comment when you finished it? Now I am busy with making yoyo-hearts also. Wishing you a lot of fun with creating those yoyo's, with love from Cindy