Sunday, December 02, 2012

Feathering My Nest

I seem to be spending a lot of time on birds lately - if it's not flying geese it's more of the little felt birds. So often I make things and don't have any left for me so I thought now would be a good time to stitch a few little birds for my Christmas tree.

This is an 'aerial view' of my sewing tray - it's easy for me to find things when they are well laid out and keeps the bits and pieces relatively contained.








One of the little fellowes that I worked on has been half finished for a while. It's a white beaded version that I played with a little bit but wasn't as keen on as the green & blue combo that I made, so I wasn't convinced that it would be finished, but Jane, Linda and Betty all liked it so I thought I might as well embroider the second body and put it together.









This is one of two flosses that I was using - a lovely, rich, variegated green from DMC. I alternated lazy daisy stitches in deep coral with this and then incorporated the coral beads.













At the end of the day I think he turned out okay and I'm glad that I decided to finish him. They really come to life when the little beads are sewn in for their eyes.

I've also made a few more red ones and one or two cream; it's my hand work while watching TV - still have to put the hangers on them though.








And there's been a little more hand stitching on Confetti at times too- it's almost time to move the hoop again, so that's a sign of some progress. I'm away most of this week for work so not much will be done on it again for a while. ....M

No comments: