Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy Spring!

Snippets quilt blocks: QuiltBeeAccording to the calendar, spring has sprung today, but there's still a lot of white on the ground in our neighbourhood. Ah well, hope springs eternal. The weather forecast has lots of sun and warmer temps in it so fingers are crossed that it will soon be greener outdoors. Indoors, there are lots of spring colours to get me in the mood.











Snippets quilt blocks: QuiltBee
This is Snippets and was started on a total whim earlier this year as a potential baby quilt. I just found fabrics that I liked and started cutting - no calculating, just cutting and sewing. Well, the last block is now together and there are 54 of them, so I'm thinking that's for one big baby! Looks like I may have enough for a baby quilt and a full-sized quilt.









And these are the only two blocks that didn't find a home after all that cutting. Because there was no calculation up front of how many I'd need I thought I might be waaay over with either the HSTs or the hourglass blocks, but apparently not. Yay!











Snippets quilt blocks: QuiltBee
So, it's time to play with the final layout and get this together. Because it's so scrappy I could almost assemble it without laying it out but I will just to be sure that I've got the colour distribution that I like.

I've used a lot of this pretty blue floral...










Snippets quilt blocks: QuiltBee
and this yellow, so even though its scrappy there will be a bit of continuity. And, all of the blossoms in the quilt will keep reminding me that spring truly is around the corner. Linking up with kokaquilts for Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share....M

6 comments:

audrey said...

Really lovely fabrics. It's great to have a scrappy quilt in the works.:)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is going to be one pretty quilt! Love your fabric choices. And I agree, even though it's scrappy there is still the need for some sort of continuity, and those two fabrics are perfect. Thanks for sharing wioth 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

Kyle said...

I can't believe that you just started cutting, sewing and now have 54 blocks. Wow! The colors are definitely springtime!

Pat said...

So lovely - your fabrics say Spring and Sunshine! I look at my own stash which is 99% muddy, reproduction and I can see what is totally lacking -
This will be a very pretty and happy quilt - looking forward to seeing it together.

Janie said...

Beautiful piecing and colors.
Your blocks will make up a gorgeous quilt to share.

Kaja said...

I love scrappy quilts and this one has a really pretty range of fabrics- very cheering.