Sunday, July 23, 2017

All Together Now

It started soft and low but, if you listened very carefully you could hear the sound of the Hallelujah Chorus rising up from the love seat earlier today. That's because I was busy putting the last couple of stitches into the centre panel of large hexies on Anna Levens. All of the large hexies are now one big piece. Whew! There's still more small cream hexies needed to finish off the border around them all but this is a big milestone for me.










Despite all of my moaning and dripping about EPP, I seem to have finally found a method that works for me and lets me sit in a comfy chair, not always spread out on the kitchen table (the quilt top is spread out on the kitchen table, not me!).












There were times that I never thought I'd see this day, but here it is. Yippee skipee! Time to get back to my needle while the hexie gods are still shining on me. I'll leave you with another small miracle, and that's a photo of my lilies. They are just gorgeous this year....M

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is coming so well--I find it does get harder as you put all the hexies together for me. It seems to become more unwieldy...I have two hexagon pieces that need to be finished--hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

I thought I could hear soft voices shouting hallelujah today. You've reach a great milestone. It's coming together beautifully.

dq said...

Hooray for you! Hand pieced projects are such an accomplishment! I love it!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh how lovely to see your version. I am loving working on this quilt too. I loved Anna's story too. I must put mine aside for a bit while I search for some fabric for the next bits. Your Lillies are gorgeous!
Happy stitching xx

Anonymous said...

How lovely, the colours are beautiful

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous... great progress!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I can hear the happiness in your words! Well done and what gorgeous lilies.

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how the scraps project takes over from the main project ? Very cute little blocks!
หนังใหม่