Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Three Batches of Four

We just enjoyed a gorgeous May long weekend so it gave me time to keep working on the Maple Leaf blocks for Fort Mac and I've finished off a dozen blocks to send them.















It would have been faster if I had made them all with the same two fabrics but I really liked the idea of scrappy so the extra cutting time was worth it. And the more reds I added the better they got. The first block that I made is from only two fabrics, all the rest are scrappy.







 




I had four done early on so once everything was cut and the HSTs made and trimmed for the last eight it only took me an hour to sew all eight together.

A couple of weeks ago I broke the needle in my machine and I think that my bobbin casing needs to be adjusted because I can hear a slight rubbing of metal on metal when I sew. I decided that it wasn't serious enough to stop me from sewing these blocks but now I think I'd better have it looked at before I do some harm.

  



I'll get the blocks to Anne so that she can drop them off when she goes to Stittsville in the next week or so and then the Guild can work their magic.....M

2 comments:

Chantal said...

So generous of you. I have to make some block too as we are very sad for all the families uprooted from their homes. My brother moved from Fort M a year or so ago. He still has so many friends there. You did a great job with the reds. I love scrappy too. ;^)

Nancy said...

These are beautiful blocks, Marie. I like seeing lots of different reds in them. Where will you send the blocks, and did they ask for a particular size or specific number of blocks?
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)