Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Country Charmer Is Ready To Quilt

Wow, back to back posts on finished quilt tops - I'm liking this! Country Charmer is now ready to send to the quilter, a couple of weeks later than I had imagined it would be, but hopefully still in time to have it ready to use by Christmas.














Borders always seem to bring out the procrastinator in me, but yesterday was election day here in Canada so, while I was waiting for the polls to close and the results to start rolling in I decided to just sit down and do this.













I've changed the borders a bit from what was in the pattern, opting for a single wide border rather than two narrower borders, and without the nine patches. The gingham that I had thought I would incorporate will now become the bias binding, I think.












I was so excited to see the whole thing that I put it on the line without giving it a good pressing, but I'll do that today and see if I can drop it off to Roberta this week.














I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at all of those different star blocks.

Now I need to find a backing and am hoping that Roberta will have something in a large floral cream that will work. Time will tell! In the meantime, I'm pinching myself that it's done....M



9 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely fabulous Marie! I love your border fabric. I hope you get it back in time for Christmas too. Well done!

Anne said...

It's beautiful Marie. I think I will be adding this one to my list of quilts to make.

marina said...

Two superb finishes, I don't think I would be able to chose a favourite between them.
Good luck finding the perfect backing.
It's such an amazing quilt

Anonymous said...

Oh Marie, such a beauty, love the border choice. You must have set a record in getting two quilt tops done so fast. Great work!! Lindiana ps nothing to do now eh?

Kyle said...

Another awesome finish. It's going to look spectacular for the holidays. Can't wait to see what your quilter does with those wide borders. It's like an empty canvas where she can be so creative.

Doniene said...

Marie!! I LOVE your Country Charmer!! It is just perfect for Christmas with those green and red stars!! Fabulous Finish!! You've inspired me to look through my stash and make one of these!!!

Blessings and hugs!

Tina said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!

Susan said...

Gorgeous! Perfect for Christmas, and all year round in fact. Congratulations.

Karen H said...

I think the single wide border was an excellent choice. It will provide a lovely space for wonderful quilting!