Thursday, July 09, 2015

Thinking of Christmas

It's July now and if I'm serious about having Country Charmer on our bed for Christmas then it's time to get at it, don't you think? It all started when I was my digging for reds for more yo yos. One thing led to another and in no time I had an armful of reds...













And another of greens. I'm following Lynn's suggestion and going for lots and lots of variety. Of all the colours that I have in my stash, red and green are at the top of the list so that's not going to be a tall order.













The block background and sashing will be done in this cream with tiny white swirls, very reminiscent of winter snowdrifts.















And for the red in the sashing there's another swirly print - the red vine that's sitting across the top of this collection. It's quite grey but very soft at the same time and I really like it.














For the borders I'm going to go with a gingham and a larger floral; I like the way they go with the sashing fabrics.

I'm one of those people who tend to buy yardage rather than fat quarters - a yard, or two, or three - so there's loooooots of fabric on the table right now. Time to get it all washed and ironed and get serious about cutting....M


4 comments:

Sandra said...

You have collected a very nice assortment of colors for your Christmas Quilt. Good Luck with having it done in time!

Kyle said...

Fantastic collection! Can't wait to see what you do with all those fabrics.

Susan said...

I'm sure you had fun gathering those beautiful fabrics.

marina said...

what fun gathering up your fabrics from your stash. So many pretty colours n both piles.
Love those selected for the borders too.
enjoy