Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Reforestation

There are more changes being made to Elizabeth's Stars in the Forest. Not huge changes, but just enough to make me like it more.
















This is the layout that was provided, but it just seemed to me that all of those trees were upside down and it was starting to bug me.















So, since I had already changed the tree design a little bit I decided that a little bit more change couldn't hurt. I'm glad that I did. They are all upside down when compare to the pattern but seem a little more grounded now.













And I have to say that I am loving working with these 15" blocks! I don't think I've ever made a quilt with this large a pattern but it might be time to change all of that - you feel like you're just flying through the assembly. The fact that Elizabeth already had all of the centre star blocks made might have something to do with making me feel like such a Speed Queen ;).....M

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

Awesome! Looks so much better with the trees turned facing up!

paulette said...

Too funny!! I thought the same thing about the trees!! Like your placement WAY better! This quilt is going to be magnificent!!
P

Anne said...

Too funny because for the life of me I could not see trees in the original post on this pattern. I like the way you redesigned the blocks. Now I see the trees and the forest! :)

Monica said...

Yes, I totally agree as well! It's looking really nice now, I think it will be really cozy. Maybe not for charity after all...

Chantal said...

Yes! Yes, now I see the forest. Thanks for planting the trees the right way. It look so much better. I love the colours used in this quilt. Can't wait to see this one all quilted.