Saturday, November 15, 2014

Baking Season Has Begun

The official start to my holiday baking is always the Holly Bazaar so things are now off and running; from here on in to about December 24 the house smells of various combinations of butter, sugar, cinnamon and chocolate. Could be worse, right? :)














I was having a hard time figuring out what to bake this year and ended up going with three old favourites: White Chocolate Gingerbread, Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Shortbread. Imagine that - chocolate in every recipe...












Last year I picked up new cello bags during the holiday sales and so they came in handy for packing. They are cute and were a fabulous deal but there's something about the simplicity of the white only patterns that I think are still my favourite.












Despite getting an earlier start this year on the felt birds for the craft table I was attaching bows and putting on eyes almost to the last minute. I had a dozen made but ran out of ribbon so only 11 made it to the bazaar with the pot holders.












The bazaar includes a bake table, a White Elephant table, craft table and a ham & scalloped potato luncheon, which means that the hall is full of great smells, lots of wonderful chatter and fellowship. By all accounts, this one appears to have been another success....M



No comments: