Monday, July 14, 2014

She Beat Me To It

Remember a while back I was musing about starting a pattern that in our circle we call Danuta's Garden? Well, Jane had been thinking the same thing and she's off and running with it.















I have been trying very hard not to follow her lead because there are a few other projects I'd like to finish up, but it's getting harder and harder now that I've seen hers.














She made one of these several years ago, just after we made Danuta's, and likes it so much she's into another. The first one had a predominantly green sashing and this one will have a lovely cream with a swirling yellow pattern.













Oh, and fabulous Kaffe  Fassett fabrics. Lots and lots of Kaffe. Makes you weak at the knees. The mauve in the top block of this photo is a real beauty.














She has started hand sewing her blocks, both stars and 9-patches, and each one seems more beautiful than the last.















I saw this a couple of weeks ago when I was out to the cottage and can only imagine how far along she is with it now. She's speedy at the best of times, but has just come off two weeks of vacation so I'm half expecting to hear that it's all finished :). Not sure how much longer I can practice resolve....M

3 comments:

Monica said...

Not much longer, I expect! When I've thought about a quilt this much, it starts to have a life of it's own, and demands to be made. Just enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Having so much fun with this one Marie! Almost done the nine-patch blocks and the star blocks, and have started piecing some of the sashing strips. May have to put it aside to start a new baby quilt though! ;)

Anonymous said...

Marie: Danuta's Garden has got to be one of my all time favorites. Love Janie's first quilt and this one promises to be just as spectacular. The virus is going viral--I too have chosen a whole pallet of soft pastels and am going to start cutting the same quilt--will be fun to take a pic of all three together when finished....though I am considerably slower than Jane. Hope to see you soon.
Linda