I got to playing with a few of the scraps from Jean's Broken Dishes baby quilt and ended up making three cute little baby bibs - two are very similar, all blues, and the third is a combination of blues & greens.
Jean came to pick up her quilt yesterday so I was able to surprise her with a little extra to accompany her quilt, and she was delighted with it.
I tried a few methods of putting them together because I wanted more quilting in them. The challenge is that you can see the starts and stops along the edge of the bib with each line of quilting you add. So, for the third one I took a modified quilt-as-you-go approach and quilted the top to the batting before sewing the two pieces together. Then all I had to do was two or three rows of quilting through all layers when it was turned right side out and top stitched the edge. Much better.
The scrappy mix of colours is really sweet so I'd like to make more, maybe with pinks & yellows added in. I've been wanting to make a few items to donate to Madonna House to sell in their gift shop and have been dragging my feet at it, so these might just be the ticket....M