Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fresh Cookies For Sale

For someone who loves to bake and lives with a guy who seems to inhale peanut butter, you'd think that peanut butter cookies of one sort or another would be a staple in my repertoire. Surprisingly, not so.

When I was in university one of the gals on our floor made the best peanut butter cookies, but I couldn't seems to get them to turn out the same way (or was it just that they tasted better because someone else made them?).










Over the years I've been on the lookout for a good recipe and I think that I've found it - Loaded Oatmeal Cookies.

Doesn't sound like a peanut butter cookie, does it? But it has peanut butter and just about everything else that's in the pantry - coconut, oatmeal, pecans, & chocolate chips. What a deadly combination!









I needed to bake something for a Relay For Life bake sale so it seemed like the perfect time to test drive these babies, and I'm so glad that I did.















The only change I made was to cut back on the sugar by about 1/4 cup - there's lots of other sweetness in them. When I found them on Pinterest they were being promoted as 'breakfast cookies'. Hmmmmm.













Time to get out of the kitchen and bind another quilt. The gals from the church have just finished quilting my Goose Tracks, so it's next on the agenda....M

2 comments:

Kyle said...

I have been known to eat a cookie or two for breakfast. These sound great for anytime of the day!

Angie in SoCal said...

Thanks for the recipe link - a favorite local deli makes cookies like these and I've always wanted to find a recipe. That quilt looks intriguing.