Monday, September 10, 2012

Look What I Found...

When I was doing my 'dumpster dive' a week ago looking for the blue to bind my Irish Chain I turned up an unexpected surprise (is that redundant?) - more of the blue & white gingham with the cherries that I am using for Spot! The piece that I found is on the right and the piece that I had been working with is on the left so you can see it is considerably larger.











This got me thinking about potential borders - maybe a narrow white strip and then a wider gingham border to finish it off.













Or maybe wide white and narrow gingham...
















Spot
Spot has grown to a nice size - about 29" x 33" I think - but I think I'll add at least one row on the side and another on the end before we get into finishing/borders. The more I see it the more I wonder if it needs a wide gingham border or if I'm better off just making a white border, maybe 2 - 3 inches wide, and then using the gingham for the binding. I still have several more blocks to stitch so there is some time to think about it, but it is nice to have the option....M

1 comment:

Anne said...

This is sooo sweet! I love it.