Stacey is collecting Maple Leaf quilt blocks to make quilts to send to those who have lost their homes and would be grateful for blocks that you might be able to contribute too. Here's the details:
- 12.5″ square Maple Leaf quilt blocks (unfinished so they finish at 12″)
- Colours can include blue, yellow, green, red and white but two-colour blocks are preferred (i.e., use two of these colours in combination, like blue/yellow); any mix of print or solid fabrics are fine
- Use any Maple Leaf pattern you’d like, or make an improvised leaf block - it’s up to you. Here are a few 12.5″ block tutorials:
Quilts for Fort McMurray
c/o Mad About Patchwork
2477 Huntley Road
Stittsville ON, K2S 1B8
If you are in the Ottawa area, you can drop blocks off in person at Mad About Patchwork.
- If you have finished quilts that you would like to donate, you can get in touch with the Quilts for Fort McMurray Facebook group, or check out the places collecting quilts on Cheryl Arkinson's blog,
- Consider donating to the Canadian Red Cross which is responding to this emergency. Text REDCROSS to 30333 to make a donation.