This time I'm using 8 squares all in the same colour family and then a neutral - not necessarily plain white - for the centre of the block.It's fun, but fairly quickly I was back to cutting down either some of the 2.5" strips in my box or strips from yardage to get the 8 squares of one colour that I need. And so the pile grows!I only have 7 blocks together so it's early days in terms of layout, but I'm thinking of maybe putting the blocks on point with a narrow sashing and bright cornerstone(s) and then maybe adding a border or two. That would mean fewer blocks to make. Time will tell....M




Pretty hollow nine patches. My 2.5” square bin never is empty despite my best efforts to use them up. I guess we will both have to keep sewing them into blocks and quilts! Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing all the pretty fabrics you had at the cottage, I can hardly wait to see what these beauties look like! I’m looking to organize & sort my fabrics this Fall, and now I’m seriously thinking that I should cut all the odds’n’sods into squares, ready to go. You’ve inspired me … again!
ReplyDelete