Sunday, November 11, 2018

PHB

Mary Englebright Believe cross stitch: QuiltBee
I'm in the PHB zone now (Post Holly Bazaar) - that time when all the prep is behind me and I'm left looking around wondering what it is that I should do next. It's nice not to have a list of pressing projects and baking to deal with but it leaves me a little adrift.

I wasn't quite ready to sit in to my hoop to do some hand quilting or to go down and work on the sewing machine, but I did want to do something. Then, while I was rummaging around in the project basket in the study my bag of Christmas cross stitch fell into my hand.






This was going to be my holiday stitching project last year but that didn't bear much fruit. When I looked at it again last night the timing seemed right to pick it up and I got a few stitches in before bed.

Mary Englebright Believe cross stitch: QuiltBee
There really isn't that much more to do, just some outlining and highlights at the bottom of the piece, so that's going to be today's slow sewing project. If I put my mind to it I should be able to finish it today. I just have to 'believe'!....M

2 comments:

Deb said...

That is such a sweet pattern you are working on. Happy Stitching

Denise :) said...

It's a lovely piece and you've done a marvelous job with it! When I first glanced at the bottom photo, I thought it was a magazine cover! :)