Friday, August 17, 2018

What's in the Hoop, Sandy?

Sandy's subway tile quilt: QuiltBee
Needless to say, Sandy did not drag her hoop to the cottage, but I had to ask what she was quilting. I'm so glad that I did. Isn't it lovely?














Sandy's subway tile quilt: QuiltBee
These subway tile blocks are such a great way to use up scraps but I can see where they would work beautifully with a curated colour palette as well.













Sandy's subway tile quilt: QuiltBee
And just look what she's using for the backing and binding. Sigh. Just LOVE it and how the softness of the floral design contrasts with the structured pattern. It will be gorgeous.

There hasn't been a whole lot of quilting done on this one lately because we've had a pretty toasty summer this year, but now that we are headed into autumn she is looking forward to picking up her needle again.







In the meantime, she's been hand stitching these autumnal nine-patch blocks. There's no plan yet, she just wanted to stitch them and so far she's got 75; they will be trimmed to 6.5". Lots and lots of possibilities here but for the time being she is enjoying the great unknown of it all.











One thing she does know for sure is that she leans to the anal side (my kind of gal 😊). She was was excited to discover these little corner patches as she was pressing the blocks. "What's wrong with me?" she asked. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Those are the little bits that make us all a little giddy, aren't they?....M

1 comment:

Kyle said...

That's funny because I've always looked at those tiny four patches and thought they were super sweet and I'm tickled when they show up. I guess it means we've sewn something right.