Friday, August 03, 2018

The Waiting Game

Tumbling Blocks quilt blocks: QuiltBee
Now that my binding frenzy is behind me I've entered that state where you try and figure out what to pick up next. I'm also waiting for a full report from Sandy, Jane and Betty who are all together at the lake for the next several days - I expect there will be lots of lovely quilty things to share; they never disappoint. In the meantime, here is a sneak peak of Betty's latest project.

I knew something was up when Jane left a comment a few weeks ago something to the effect of, 'Wait til you see what Betty started...' If that doesn't get your attention I'm not sure what will. I have to say that when I found out it was Tumbling Blocks I was a bit surprised because it just didn't seem like a pattern that she'd pick. I should have known better.


Tumbling Blocks quilt block: QuiltBee
Yes, it's Tumbling Blocks and she's making it in this wonderful, rich palette of blues and purples with just a little soft ochre to spice things up (I suspect that there is some klepto quilting involved 😉). Oh, and she's subdividing one of the diamonds into four tiny diamonds. It. Will. Be. Stunning.










It's making me think that I need a new hand sewing project but I can't quite land on what that should be so I'm returning to my fallback position and spending time with Minnie....M

2 comments:

audrey said...

Wow! Those tumbling blocks are stunning. Great inspiration!

Kyle said...

Those tumblers take some skill to make. Lovely. Its nice to have a fall back project. Enjoy