Thursday, July 26, 2018

Woo Hoo - Number Two!

Spring Garden quilt: QuiltBee
Stop the presses! Believe it or not, I have finished a second quilt this month! Spring Garden is now bound and ready to be enjoyed.














Spring Garden quilt: QuiltBee
I'm fond of this one for so many reasons. It's my original design and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.














Spring Garden quilt: QuiltBee
It all started on a whim to make some of the block-in-a-block blocks (that's a lot of 'blocks'!). Then I had to figure out what I was going to do with them. Add in a lot of scrappy nine-patches and then a ring of four-patches, and suddenly it was looking like something.











Spring Garden quilt: QuiltBee
I think that my favourite part of the design is the row of negative space blocks between the centre of the quilt and the blue border. It turned out better than I ever imagined and gives it a very lace eyelet look, don't you think?












And it's so beautifully quilted. Roberta used my favourite feathered swirl pattern on it and it is perfect.














I could look at that pattern all day.
















Spring Garden quilt: QuiltBee
Actually, Roberta is thinking that she might need to make one, which I am both flattered and excited about - I'll be interested to see her interpretation of it. You'll remember that Anne made one too.












Spring Garden quilt: QuiltBee
I was so excited to have it finished that I didn't waste any time pressing it into service - it is now happily dressing the bed in our guest room. LUV!....M

p.s. Joining the gang at Finished or Not Friday.

10 comments:

beth s said...

I love your quilt! So pretty

Nancy said...

Oh, Marie, you have a beautiful quilt there! It has an old-fashioned, scrappy feel to me which is very endearing. The center blocks are wonderful but, for me, the best parts are what you call the "negative space" blocks -- little squares surrounded by white -- and the beautiful border fabric. It's just gorgeous!

Please say, what size are the blocks, and what size is the finished quilt?

Maureen said...

Gorgeous!

laughing gas quilts said...

What a pretty quilt! The border fabric is beautiful, but it's the variation in the squares that make it wonderful. Love it!

Pat said...

Like a summer day! Your colors are so appealing and the pattern is a delight...well done!!

bettyb said...

You are going to need to add more bedrooms!

dq said...

It is truly a lovely 2nd finish for the month. It looks fantastic on that bed. Honestly, I thought it was much smaller until I saw it hanging on the line.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Love your quilt with that beautiful California Girl border fabric!

Unknown said...

I love your quilt! The colors are great and I love the pattern.

Adele said...

Charming quilt. I know it’s been awhile but do you remember how you made the “eyelet “ border?