Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Night & Day

Quilts of Valour Canada had a booth at the quilt show so a few of us each bought packets that included the fabric and instructions to make a block for their Hug Blocks Project. What a brilliant idea! I picked the Night & Day Star block and the fabrics are very patriotic red and white/cream prints.










I decided that it would be more prudent to get mine together right away rather than add it to a TO DO list where it might just languish. It's just one block but when it disappears into a list of mine there is no telling when it might emerge.

There was just enough fabric so I was doubly careful when following the cutting instructions.









Quilts of Valour Night & Day quilt block: QuiltBee
It is a 9" block and was a quick bit of quilty satisfaction (it's always great when the final product looks like the instructions, isn't it?) and is now ready to be shipped. I'll see if the  others have their blocks ready so that I can include them all in the same packet. Want to gt in on the fun? All the info you need can be found on their website...M

p.s. A reminder to Red Shoes to email me your name and mailing address so that I can get your Lemoyne Star ruler off to you. Thanks!

1 comment:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Marie, I'm now caught up on your posts. Thanks for showing so many lovely quilts...so much inspiration. And all the beautiful quilting people are achieving including yourself!