Friday, July 07, 2017

Some Days You Cut, Some Days You Sew

I've been one with my rotary cutter lately, cutting for God's Green Earth, and having lots of fun with it.














When I started this project I wanted to do the bulk of it with my stash, but the more I looked at Maryse's fabric selection the more I realized that my fabrics didn't have the same graphic depth. I did find this little pile, which I think will work nicely with the greens.











Then I went to a couple of shops to see if I could enhance what I had with a few more complex prints and a few new neutrals.

All in all, I'm close to having much of what I need cut, and I like the mix. It's been a huge help to have Maryse's quilt to refer to and give me a good sense of the mix that worked so beautifully in her quilt.....M

2 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

You have a fabulous selection of fabrics there. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress while finishing a few projects here before I start one too.

superiorpapers com review said...

nice