Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Perfect Day to Quilt

The gardens will have to wait just a little bit longer before I get out there and tackle the last of the spring clean-up because today is a wet and dreary day, so I'm going to return to quilting my Candied Hexagons instead.













It's a long weekend for us (Victoria Day weekend) so many of the neighbours are away, making it very quiet on the street, and somehow confirming that some quiet time at the quilt is the thing to do.












It's been a while since I've worked on it so it will be good to get back to it. Who knows, there might even be a Sunday afternoon nap on the schedule 😉. If this is a long weekend for you I hope that you are finding the perfect way to put your feet up and enjoy the break too....M


5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Just gorgeous Marie! So lovely to see your progress!
Enjoy your relaxation!

Deanna W said...

Afternoon nap done after planting some seeds in the garden before the rain. Maybe I will get some quilting in this evening.

Connie said...

Your stitches are wonderful . . . mine never seem to stay even or straight . . . your stitches, sweet friend, are perfect. We live in a desert area so I don't have rainy days to stop gardening and spend the day quilting, but I do call winter my quilting season, LOL. Before quilting I didn't like winter at all . . . too cold, icy roads and sidewalks, now I look forward to it. Retirement keeps me off the roads unless it my choice and quilting is my daily chore. Wait, how can I call something I love to do and look forward to a chore, LOL. I love the fabrics you chose and this hexagon star is gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing.
Connie :)

Kyle said...

Love seeing your progress. It's nice to have a weekend to get further along.

CathieJ said...

Your quilting is very pretty.