Friday, March 03, 2017

Blowing The Dust Off

My stash sits organized by colour (actually, 'organized' is a very generous description) in open cubbies in a couple of units that fit across one wall of my sewing room. Mixed in with it are a few spots where batting trimmings, backings and WIPs reside, so there are a few projects that I see every time I sit down at the machine. I see them but they don't seem to be feelin' the love much, so I plucked one out to work on. It seems it's time has come.









The pattern is called either Orange Peel or Cathedral Windows. It's a quilt-as-you-go project that I started 7 or 8 years ago (that's my best carbon dating guesstimate). I saw a beautiful version of it at a local quilt show and was intrigued, so a friend arranged for the maker to do a small workshop for me and five friends Things came to a standstill shortly thereafter because I wasn't happy with the top-stitching that I was doing so it was shelved until I got a new machine.






Well, my new machine has been here for several years now so it's time to try again. Everything for the project was in one place - except the instructions - so I've been looking at all the bits & pieces and had decided to take a stab at making it without them, but not before checking my files one more time.

Victory! I found them!! They have confirmed the basic process for me and also contained a few extra helpful hints, so now it's time to get serious about putting it together....M


2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Glad to see you working on a project from the archives!!!

Kyle said...

Finding the directions have probably made it easier to get back in the groove. Csrbon dating our quilts might be a shocking experience. Good luck!