Sunday, January 15, 2017

Empty Hoop Syndrome

My hoop has been empty for quite some time, sitting quietly in the corner just waiting for a new quilt to be loaded.















Late last fall I had Roberta baste my Candied Hexagons and it too has been waiting patiently for a date with the hoop, but I just wasn't prepared to get that going over the holidays - too much on the go.












But today's the day. After a great walk in the snow I've now loaded it and I'm ready for a little playoff football and a little hand stitching. These lines of stitching are the basting - I still have to figure out how I'm going to quilt it......M

6 comments:

Chantal said...

That's the question that usually stale me on a project; how to quilt it! Hope the night will bring you inspiration. Good luck ;^)

Kyle said...

You and I are thinking alike. I just put my big quilting project in my hoop tonight as well. Happy quilting!

Quilter Kathy said...

OH that hoop was looking very sad and will be so happy to have a quilt in it today!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

A new year and a new hand quilting project...perfect timing!

marina said...

Lovely quilting project...enjoy!
Love your stars in your previous post too.

audrey said...

It's good to have a new quilt waiting in the hoop! Lots of potential!