Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Santa Must Sew

There were lots of great quilty gifts under the tree for me this year which can only mean that either Santa sews or he's married to someone who is 😄. These bloc loc flying geese arrived! Soooo happy!! It's been a couple of years now that I've had my eye on them. There are two sizes - 2 x 4" and 1 x 2" - which should make for lots and lots of perfect geese.











This June Taylor Shape Cut Plus ruler has been on my wish list for a while too - it will make short work of cutting several strips at a time, particularly when it's time to cut binding strips. I suspect that I will be able to cut several hexies at once and, given my penchant for sewing tiny squares, I think that this is quickly going to become a favourite. Thank you, Santa! (and Paulette for making me wise to its existence - Stopped Me In My Tracks might get started yet).








For my birthday this past summer I got one of Sue Spargo's books and was lamenting that, beautiful as it was, I would have liked it more if instructions for some of the stitches had been included. Ta Da! Enter Creative Stitching. Sandi put me on to it after reading my post and Santa must have been aware of it too.










It's clearly laid out and the spiral binding ensures that the pages lie nice and flat. Actually, Santa must have lost track when making his lists because two copies arrived; apparently he is open to exchanging it for something else.










He must also be a baker because these tiny autumn leaf cookie cutters were under the tree as well. I particularly like the acorn and look forward to making lots of Thanksgiving pumpkin pie embellishments (it's the little things, isn't it?).

So, I've got lots of great new toys to play with and am now busy trying to figure out what the next projects will be. Fun, fun, fun! Hope Santa filled your stockings with lots of goodies too....M

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You must have been on the nice list this year! Santa did a great job!

Kate said...

It's obvious you were a good girl this past year - enjoy all your new "toys". :)

regan said...

I love that Sue Spargo book.....it's awesome in every way! And that Shape Cut ruler is the BEST....you will be banging out squares by the hundreds in seconds! I love mine!

Sandi said...

What wonderful presents Marie! Enjoy them, Sue has a Creative Textures book that gets into the methods she uses when designing her layers and stitches. Another great visual book is her coffee table book Stitches to Savor, no instructions but lots of wonderful close up details of her past pieces. Maybe Santa can do a swap with one of them!

Thanks for the lovely shout out about suggesting Creative Stitches, enjoy the process, have a Happy New Year!