Saturday, November 12, 2016

Quilters PSA

Not sure if it was a sign from the heavens or just a stroke of good luck, but in the midst of my Holly Bazaar sewing and baking frenzy I discovered that at least one winemaker has come to the rescue of stressed quilters. I give you Patchwork. Our Australian friends might know of it as it is a Barossa Shiraz produced by Yalumba and 'crafted from a patchwork of venerable Shiraz vineyards'. Works for me.

I haven't had to break into it yet so I can't give you a review, but am looking forward to enjoying a glass or two some evening while stitching. Just wanted you to know that Yalumba has our backs :).





As an alternative to drinking I decided to bake another batch of the Pumpkin Walnut Loaves since the entire first batch went to the bazaar (much to the delight of the Official Cookie Tester since he missed out on samples the first time around and is a bit of a pumpkin fiend).











We're already into a second loaf and two have been tucked into the freezer.....M

3 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

That looks like a mighty fine pumpkin loaf recipe. We've also devoured the first two loaves I made, but alas only one went into the freezer for ?.

Sue R said...

My pumpkin loaf was a disaster. I had even started with fresh pumpkin. Yours look yummy.

Is the wine from the LCBO?

Kyle said...

Looks like a very tasty weekend.