Tuesday, November 01, 2016

One Down - Sort Of

Finally, a bit of progress on my Holly Bazaar sewing. The floral version is together and, despite lots of second guessing on it, I think it's going to work.














A light, summery feel I was visualizing and I think that's what I got - even if I didn't, this is what it's going to be! It still needs to be quilted, but I'll wait and quilt them all at the same time.














I need to give some thought to the binding and am leaning towards a gingham (surprise, surprise). I'm actually thinking of blue or green gingham, but I don't think that I have any. I'll have to do a deep dive and see what I come up with.











And I've now got the blocks cut for the silver and gold version too. This one will be rectangular, if I ever sit down to sew it :). Sometimes you feel like you're just flying through a project and sometimes it feels like you are walking through mud and not getting anywhere, doesn't it?....M

3 comments:

Kate said...

Marie, it looks awesome in the summery colours, too.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks to me like you are doing just fine!

Kyle said...

You're making progress. Fun fabrics for both versions. I like your analogy.