Three basket bases are now together so it's time to tackle the handles.
The instructions call for using a bias tape maker with an iron-on strip but I wasn't keen on that so I tried another method that I'd read about. I cut 12" x 1.5" strips on the bias, sewed them lengthwise, wrong sides together, and then pressed the seam toward the back. Worked like a charm.
There's a template included in the book to help with placement, which was nice. It would have been easier if I had copied the page as the book wasn't sitting flat, but I got there.
This is what the full Basket of Scraps quilt looks like.
I was drawn to the applique branches and blossoms that Edyta had designed but I don't know that I will do that if these are going to be a table runner. Maybe a little bit of it will find its way in...
So I've got three handles that now need to be sewn down - a perfect way to spend for a Sunday afternoon....M