Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Let's Hear It For The Christmas Heat Wave!

It's been so hot lately that we've been looking for as many ways as possible to cool down. In the evenings I just head to the coolness of the basement to sew rather than outdoors to 'glisten' (we had an aunt that used to say, "Men perspire, horses sweat and ladies glisten").

And all that downstairs time has been great for my Country Charmer deadline. I was hoping to have all of my blocks together by the end of August, and I did it. Yaaaa! Let's hear it for the heat wave!

Whoa! What went wrong here?! This was one of the last blocks to be put together. Think that I was getting a tad anxious to reach the finish line? Despite ripping the odd little seam here and there this was the only mishap I had in 30 blocks, so that's not bad.











So I've chain-stitched the columns of blocks together, including the sashing blocks.
















And now I'll start sewing across the rows. I am really liking it and anxious to see it all together rather than just the 'skeleton' that you get from the first phase. The weatherman is calling for another hot weekend so who knows, maybe I'll have a quilt top by the end of it!....M

8 comments:

Anne said...

It's absolutely stunning!!!

Unknown said...

there is an adage that suggests there be an error within a quilt…

barbara woods said...

beautiful block

Kyle said...

Wow! The blocks look great together. You'll be done before Christmas!

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

It looks fanatastic. Also over here a heatwave !! I am stitching in my basement. Hope to finish my top today !

Annemieke said...

Beatiful blocks, nice there is an extra pattern visible.
Groetjes
Annemieke

Lynn said...

This looks great Marie! I love it.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

This is absolutely stunning! I have just come across your blog and am enjoying several posts :)