Sometimes finishing up a quilt top seems to take an eternity but this star top - I'm going to call it Bohemian Stars - wasn't one of those times. No-sir-eee, this one came together in record time. My secret? Honkin' huge borders.
I really wanted as much of the paisley print to show as possible and also wanted to maximize the size of the quilt, so I made the borders half the width of the fabric, about 20" finished. I'm really happy with the result - it's about 75" x 87", which isn't bad considering I didn't think that my little pile of fat quarters was going to amount to much.
The colours look much better in natural light. For a while I was a little worried that the border print was too muddy for the prints in the star blocks, but all is well when you take it above ground :).
Love how the white stars sparkle against the colours of dusk.
It will be backed with the paisley as well so I'll put that together and bundle it off to Betty. She wants to quilt it and I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with....M