Friday, May 08, 2015

Round And Round

I think that my recent quilting funk might be tied to Danuta's Garden. I'm just not feelin' the luv. I do love the sashing but the 9-patch blocks are leaving me flat. The stars I like, because I like stars, but together they just aren't getting me overly excited about stitching. It seems terribly predictable, but maybe its just a hangover from working with the large lush Kaffe prints on Bohemian Stars. Could it be Spring Fever?

I needed some perspective. So I dragged the small design board into the hallway to play with layout options in the hopes that I would see something through the camera lens that I'm not seeing face to face.




What about just the stars? That way the pieced sashing would really shine.














Or what about stars on the point?















Or maybe stars in the middle and 9-patches around the edge?












Or maybe back to the original with the 9-patches in the middle and the stars around the edge like the original pattern, but on point? Nothing jumped out at me as the final solution. Maybe I should just stay the course, make more blocks and work to the original layout. Any preferences?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So what do you do when you're stuck? Why, bake, of course! We're in the middle of a stretch of incredibly warm temps for this time of the year so the rhubarb seems to be jumping out of the ground. I want to use up what's still in the freezer from last year so I made two little loaves of Orange Rhubarb Bread, much to the delight of the Official Cookie Tester. The sour cream gives it an incredibly silky texture and the rhubarb, orange and walnuts are a wonderful combination. It didn't clear my mental log jam but it did give me food for thought....

6 comments:

Robin said...

I love the star blocks without the 9-patches. The 9-patches demand too much attention and the stars get lost somehow. The stars should sparkle on their own. IMHO

audrey said...

I like the stars on point minus the 9-patches, but you can see it so much better than us. Hard to work on a quilt that starts to lose its shine.:)

Karen H said...

I just went back and looked at an earlier post where you showed the pattern and I have to say I like that arrangement best....straight set with the nine patches in the middle and the stars in the border!

Miss Jean said...

I love the third picture down, stars on point. I absolutely love the yellow as the neutral background. It makes the blocks really pop!!

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to the original pattern, I think you just need to see it all together and will feel the love......
Lindiana Jones

Ruth Ann said...

I like the stars on point without the nine patches.