I mentioned last time that I surprised myself and managed to quilt the Strippy X baby quilt on the weekend. Well, it's now bound too so that makes two baby quilts ready to pack off.
For some reason quilting on the diagonal wasn't sitting well with me and I was going to do randomly spaced vertical lines, but in the end I went diagonal. There are double rows of quilting through the scrappy strips and then a row of stitching about an inch outside of the strips in the cream, which make for a nice 9-patch pattern.
It is backed and bound with one of the prints that I used in the strips. I was a little concerned that it might be too dull at first but it works really well. I used a cream thread and always increase my stitch length a little bit so that the stitches are pronounced without being overdone.
Often I don't get a full pic of the quilts that I finish because I don't have a great place to hang them, but with the little ones (and my handy, dandy new mini design wall!) I can get shots of the baby quilts. So here it is, all done. It's incredible that one little unassuming pile of scraps was (almost) enough to make a quilt - I love that.
The two of them together, this one and Strawberries & Cream (the pink heart on cream), make a sweet little bundle to send off to the Madonna House Gift Shop....M